Today I received the below error when I was importing some records to CRM using OOB import.
“The column heading cannot be empty“.
Here are the steps to resolve.
1) Open the CSV file in notepad.
2) Check for a comma at the end of each row.
3) To make the things much easier, close the Notepad and open the same in Microsoft Excel.
4) Remove the blank column by selecting and deleting.
5) Save the file.
6) Open the file in Notepad again and check to make sure the comma at the end of each row has removed.
7) Import the file. This time, you won’t see any error.
Hope this helps.