Microsoft Dynamics 365 App for Outlook paired with server-side synchronization is the preferred way to integrate Microsoft Dynamics 365 with Outlook. Note that tracking activities is not supported when Dynamics 365 App for Outlook and Dynamics 365 for Outlook are used together by the same user.
System Administrators can push the app to the user’s outlook from CRM.
How to push the app the users.
- Go to Settings > Dynamics 365 App for Outlook.
- In the Getting Started with Dynamics 365 App for Outlook screen, under Add for Eligible Users (you may have to click Settings if you’re opening this screen for the second or subsequent time)
- select the Automatically add the app to Outlook check box if you want to have users get the app automatically. If a user has the required privileges and email is synchronized through server-side synchronization, you won’t have to do anything more to push the app to them
- To push the app to all eligible users, click Add App for All Eligible Users.
- To push the app to certain users, select those users in the list, and then click Add App to Outlook.
If the list shows that a user is pending or hasn’t been added, you can click the Learn more link next to the user to find more information about status.
When you’re done, click Save.
Users can install App themselves by following the below two steps if the Server Side Sync is configured.
- Users can click the Settings button and then click Apps for Dynamics 365.
- In the Apps for Dynamics 365 screen, under Dynamics 365 App for Outlook, users click Add app to Outlook.
After few mins, users can see a Add-In on their outlook
Hope this helps.