Today our customer said that Tracking of a contact via Outlook App is no more working. When I have tested, it is working.
Had a screen sharing session with the customer and downloaded Fiddler on his machine and checked the calls. And found a call failed with 500 error code and here is the error message.
message=A validation error occurred. The length of the ’emailaddress1′ attribute of the ‘contact’ entity exceeded the maximum allowed length of ‘100’.
I checked the Contact in Outlook and Email Address field was crossing the limit and our customer gave some data just to check the tracking.
Unfortunately, the App won’t the message to the user. It’s not only Email Address field but any field that is crossing the limit will create the same.
Hope this helps.