We were building many solutions to generate PDF and send it as an attachment via email. Generating /Creating PDF is one of the most awaiting feature.
Here are the steps for the same.
1) Open Sales Hub APP
2) Navigate to APP Settings – at the bottom of the site map, select Change area , and select App Settings.
3) Under General Settings –> Overview –> Productivity Tools –> Convert to PDF –> Manage
4) Enable the settings on the entities.
4) Select Save.
Now go to Account form/Quote form/anything where the setting is enabled, you will see two buttons
1) Create PDF and then select the Quote Template
It shows two Options
a) Save to Share point – It will automatically the PDF to Share Point and you can see it under Document grid of the record.
b) Download a copy.
2) Email as PDF and then select the Quote Template. Once you select the Template, email record with is populated with the below values.
To – Potential customer of the quote
From – Current user
Attachments – The generated PDF, added as an attachment
Regarding – Quote record from which the email was triggered
Subject – Quote title
Hope this helps.